Recently I decided to Update my WordPress blogs, but on one of them I wasn’t able to update to the newest WordPress Platform because my Hosting Server was running an old Version of PHP. To tell you the truth I didn’t know where to find the solution, so I emailed GoDaddy support with my question. I was very impressed with GoDaddy’s quick and simple request. Nowadays it’s hard to find such awesome response. Anyway, I was able to follow the steps they gave me in the email and easily updated my PHP Versions from old to new. I believe I was running on PHP 4 or less, but now it is PHP 5, or 5.2 to be exact.
I decided to enhance the steps GoDaddy support sent me in the email and make it nice and beautiful for it to be posted here on Tintation.com So, if you have the same issue with the old PHP Version, then go ahead and follow the steps below to solve it.
1. – Log in to your GoDaddy Account, and Click on the “My Account” menu link on top, and then Click on the “Hosting” link in the left sidebar under the “My Products” category.
2. – After your domains will show up under the “Web Hosting” tab, find the domain that had an old PHP Version on it and Click on the “Launch” Button on the right of that domain.
3. – When your Hosting Dashboard opens up, scroll down to find the “Content” menu or option and Click on it. You’ll see bunch of icons show up under the “Content” menu, find the icon that says “Programming Languages” and Click on it.
4. – Programming Languages page will open up with the option for Activating or Deactivating PHP Version Languages. Select the newest PHP Version (at this time it is PHP 5.2), and Click the “Continue” button. Then after confirming it, Click the “Update” button.
5. – After waiting for GoDaddy to update your PHP version on your servers, you should receive an email from them telling you that it is succesfully finished (hopefully it will be successful). Then you can go back to your WordPress admin page and try updating your WordPress Platform to the Newest one. Make sure to remember to BackUp your Database! Well that is all for now. Now you can enjoy your new and updated WordPress Blog ;)
Filed under: Computer Tutorials, Informative · Tags: account, godaddy, host, hosting, how to, language, new, new PHP, new version, old, old PHP, old version, PHP version, programming language, server, servers, step by step, tutorial, update PHP, update PHP version, update version