Hey everybody, today I just wanted to share with you this little, simple, very useful, professional, and very functional WordPress Plugin that I found and using from now on. As of today this WordPress Plugin is called NoFollow Links, Version 1.0.4, Last Updated on 3-9-2010, Downloads = 8,232, Average Rating of 4.5 stars, and it works just perfect on my WordPress 2.9.2 Also, some people claim that it works just fine on the latest WordPress 3.0.1
So, why would you need this Plugin? Well, if you didn’t already take care of your links in your BlogRoll, then the major and minor search engines may not like your site, which will get you lower scores and rankings. I recommend getting this Free WordPress Plugin for your blog, so you could improve your Search Engine Rankings and possible Google’s Page Rank Score. A typical nofollow code looks like this: rel=”nofollow” And it is placed in the “a href” tag.
The Author of this Awesome and Free WordPress Plugin is Andrew Shell and he is a PHP Developer. To check out Andrew’s Weblog Click Here. If you would like to find out more details about this plugin and download it too, then go here NoFollow Links WordPress Plugin. Believe me, it is very easy to set it up on your WordPress Blog, just follow their instructions, or follow my instructions below:
- Go To NoFollow Links Plugin’s WordPress Page.
– Click on the Big Orange “Download” Button to Download this Plugin into your computer.
– Log into your Blog’s WordPress Administrator Dashboard.
– In your WordPress Admin Area Click on the “Plugins” Tab.
– Then, on top of your “Manage Plugins” Page Click on the “Add New” Button.
– In the “Install Plugins” Page Find these links: Search | Upload | Featured | Popular | Newest | Recently Updated
– Out of all those links you only need to click on the “Upload” link.
– Then, “Install a plugin in .zip format” option will appear, Click on the “Browse” Button.
– Find the nofollow-links Plugin that you just downloaded, and click “Open”, and then click the “Install Now” Button.
– Then after seeing the text like: Unpacking the package. Installing the plugin. Plugin Installed successfully.
– Click on the “Activate Plugin” immediatelly after those text messages.
– Now you can click on the “Links” Tab in your WordPress Admin Area and on the bottom of that “Links” menu your should see the “Nofollow Links” menu option.
– Click on that “Nofollow Links” Menu Option.
– This is now the Official “NoFollow Links” WordPress Plugin’s Editing Page.
– On the very right side of that page you can put check marks on which links you want the nofollow code to appear.
– Then, make sure to click the “Mark Links Nofollow” Button to Save your choices.
Well, that was easy :) Don’t worry, your links will still function the same way as they did before, this is just for the Search Engines. The Search Engine will like your site more after you add the nofollow code to your links. If you leave your links without the nofollow code, then you’ll be giving extra points for those sites that you link to, and at the same time you’ll be loosing your points. So, I guess it’s up to you whether your want to use this Free WordPress Plugin or not. Below, is the Bigger Preview image of this NoFollow Links WordPress Plugin in my Admin WordPress Dashboard.
Filed under: Freeware, WordPress Plugins · Tags: blog roll no follow, blog roll nofollow, blogroll no follow, blogroll nofollow, free nofollow, free plugin, free wordpress plugin, no follow plugin, nofollow links, nofollow plugin, nofollow wordpress plugin, wordpress plugin