April 17th, 2010 | 3 Comments
Here are the details on How to add Meta Tags or Code to your Blogger or Blogspot Website. It is very simple and I’ll try to describe it to you as plain as possible even if you never dealt with codes you should be able to understand and follow me in this Tutorial. Some people believe that it is pointless to use Meta Tags these days, but I and many other people don’t think so. You need to try to be as short and descriptive in your Blog’s or Website’s title, description, and keywords as possible. It is very to add Meta Tags to your website or blog because it improves your SEO – Search Engine Optimisation. Meta tags help search engines to index your web sites in in better and proper way. I wasn’t planing on giving you a “Title” Meta Code and Tag because it is usualy already there by default. But if you still want to use the title meta tag, then you can use this format for it:
<title>Your Title Goes Here instead of this text</title> Or This one here <meta name=’title’ content=’Your Title Goes Here instead of this text’/> Before you begin I want you to understand that neither I or Tintation.com takes any responsibility for your website or blog. If you will mess something up, then you shouldn’t follow this tutorial. And for those who believe that it’s easy, let’s get started.
First of all let’s get our Meta Tags and Code ready.
Here are the details of how to build your META code for your Blogger or Blogspot Website:
<meta content=’Put your Blog’s Description Here instead of this text inside of these single brackets, and try not to exceed 12 Words’ name=’description’/>
<meta content=’Put your Keywords Here instead of this text inside of these single brackets, make sure to separate them with comas, and try not to exceed 20 keywords’ name=’keywords’/>
<meta content=’Authors Name goes Here instead of this text inside of these single brackets’ name=’author’/>
<meta content=’Owners Name goes Here instead of this text inside of these single brackets’ name=’owner’/>
<meta content=’Put the current Year Here instead of this text inside of these single brackets and in this format (c) 2010′ name=’copyright’/>
The Final Code should look similar to the one below but with your content:
<meta content=’Web and Graphics Design Blog.’ name=’description’/>
<meta content=’web,graphics,design,blog’ name=’keywords’/>
<meta content=’Bob’ name=’author’/>
<meta content=’John’ name=’owner’/>
<meta content='(c) 2010′ name=’copyright’/>
Okay, lets get started with the Tutorial on adding Meta Tags and Code to your Blogger or Blogspot Template.
1. – Go To The Blogger Home Page Here.
2. – Log In if you are not logged in yet.
3. – Somewhere in the middle of this Page Click on the Link that says “Layout”.
4. – Then, in the Top Left Corner Find and Click on the Link that says “Edit HTML”.
5. – Okay, don’t freak out because of the code, but instead look somewhere in the top few lines of that code for this text <head> or your template might have it something like this <head profile=’some weird text in here’>
6. – When you find that <head> tag, yes it is called a head opening tag. Put the META code that we prepared earlier right after the opening <head> tag closes. Just hit enter or return right after this text <head> and write or paste you meta code there on the new line.
7. – Then on the very bottom of this whole page Click on the button that says SAVE TEMPLATE.
8. – Now you are done. If you want to test your site and see if it worked then do this.
9. – To View the Meta Code for your website, Open your website first, then right-click anywhere on the background picture of it.
10. – After Right-Clicking on your Website, Find and Click on “View Page Source” or on “View Source” option.
11. – A new window will open up or a text editor and there you will see the similar code that you saw before on the blogger HTML editing page. This is where you can see your new added Meta Tags and Code.
If your Blogger will give you some error messages after you copy and paste my code, then here are some solutions that you MUST try; Enter the entire code manually with your own keyboard (it helped me on my other blogger sites), Replace “&” sings with “and” text and do the similar replacements for your other weird signs, and make sure that there is an empty line before and after your code.
Written or Posted by vlad3368
I am an Enthusiast of Computer Graphics, Web Graphics, SEO, and Codes. I love designing and developing my own websites and blogs. At the same time I love seeing and sharing about other professional, unique, and high quality designs that people make for their websites, graphics, and software.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Blogging and Writing
- Blogging Blogger
- Blogspot Templates
- Computer Tutorials
- E-Mail Marketing
- Financial Tips
- Free Fonts
- Free Icons
- Free Wallpaper & Backgrounds
- Graphics & Designs
- Hi Tech Products
- Internet Marketing
- Logo Inspirations
- Modern Technology
- Photoshop Brushes
- Photoshop Custom Shapes
- Photoshop Tutorials
- Program Codes
- SEO & SEM
- Tints & Colors
- Virus Malware Spyware Removal
- WordPress Plugins
- Wordpress Themes
- WordPress Tutorials